Located near Har ki Pauri in Haridwar, Bhimgoda Barrage is a major tourist attraction of Haridwar. Bhimgoda Barrage is also known as Bhimgoda Wear or Bhimgoda Head Works. The barrage came into existence in the 1800s when the then Governor General of India, Lord Dalhousie, inaugurated the project in 1840. Since then the Bhimgoda Barrage has been replaced twice with the last construction in 1979. A barrage was constructed to divert some of the marigold water. In a canal for the purpose of irrigation from the river. A large number of tourists visit this place due to the presence of Haridwar's popular tourist attraction, Bhimgoda Barrage (Bhimgoda Barrage), Neeldhara Bird Sanctuary. Bhimgoda Barrage is 455 m long and has 15 spillway gates and 7 bottom slice gates, which are 183 m across with a total spillway capacity of 19300 m/s. The area of the barrage is about 23000 km, which leads to the Upper Ganga Canal.