Uttarakhand: COVID-19 test mandatory for people coming to Doon from Delhi
Uttarakhand has made it mandatory for people traveling from Delhi to the state to undergo a COVID-19 test at the Jollygrant Airport in Dehradun. This move comes in the wake of rising Coronavirus cases in the national capital.
Reportedly, Dehradun Health Department has decided to conduct mandatory tests of individuals coming back from Delhi. As per the reports, the tests will happen at the airport and railroad station, aside from the Asharodi check post in Dehradun.
As per a sampling round of around 1000 folks that was administered within the past week, as many as 29 people tested positive at the Doon border. Reports state that of these infected with the virus, 25 were from Delhi-NCR.
Also, within the wake of the tourist season when it's expected that more tourists are going to be thronging the region, the Uttarakhand administration has started precautionary measures beforehand.
Elaborating on this, Dr. RK Dixit, District Surveillance Officer, Dehradun, said that it's been found there has been an extensive movement of individuals from Delhi to Uttarakhand, especially to Dehradun, within the past fortnight. He added that folks from the capital are coming here mainly for weddings and short vacations, and thus it's important to check them before they move to the hills or other tourist places.
As per the Health Department officials, testing at the border is being conducted freed from charge for now and may need to be purchased within the coming days.
Nainital is additionally considering starting COVID testing at its border. Nainital CMO Dr. Bhagirathi Joshi said that the ultimate decision regarding this may soon be taken by the district administration.
Haridwar Chief medic (CMO) Dr. SK Jha also added that random COVID sampling is being done at the town border for those coming from Delhi, especially those that halt in Haridwar.
- One of India’s cleanest beaches is ready for tourists
- The much-awaited Super Mario Park just opened in Japan
- Uttarakhand Weather Update: Heavy rains in Mussoorie and Doon, Gaurikund highway closed due to landslide
- This artwork in England’s Bristol is grabbing public attention. Know why.
- Again Nepal strikes by COVID-19 , leaves Mount Everest empty
- Jim Corbett National Park: Elderly and children will also be able to do safari, NTCA released guidelines
- Maharashtra govt may restrict train travel for general public again in Mumbai
- India: Scheduled international flights suspended till February 28
- Air India announces : 50% discount on flight fare for senior citizens
- Abu Dhabi starts free COVID testing at airports