Lockdown extends in Germany, new rules for flyers
German Chancellor Angela Markel announced an extended lockdown during a gathering with the country’s 16 state governors. The lockdown was previously supposed to be until March 28 but has now been extended to April 18. Besides the extended lockdown, Germany has also added some new measures and restrictions.
The nation has also made it amply clear that the lockdown means the Easter holidays would be affected. Public life will largely remain shut over the Easter holidays to limit the spread of the virus.
Germany is being cautious since the infection rate has largely increased with the new strain of the contagious virus that has reached the country. The new strain of the virus was first detected in Britain. Germany’s daily number of cases per capita has passed the United States with the arrival of the new strain.
Chancellor Angela Merkel told reporters in Berlin that the country now basically features a new pandemic.
Merkel said during a statement, "Essentially we have a replacement virus, obviously of an equivalent type but with completely different characteristics. Significantly more deadly, significantly more infectious (and) infectious for extended .”
In Germany, the weekly rate per 100000 people was 107 on Monday. the amount was somewhere within the 60s about three weeks ago. the amount may be a large jump in infections, and it had been made possible due to the new strain.
There is also a blanket rule for the COVID-19 test for travelers, who are boarding an airplane heading towards Germany. The authorities also are looking into the likelihood of providing free-testing for all students, and teachers in schools.
- The much-awaited Super Mario Park just opened in Japan
- Eco-friendly cruise boats to come up for tourists at Hyderabad’s Hussain Sagar Lake
- Covid Special Train: As soon as booking starts, 15 minutes to 28 all class seats are full, going to Delhi is easy
- उत्तराखंड : 10 मई सुबह पांच बजे तक बढ़ाया गया राजधानी देहरादून में कर्फ्यू
- Delhi Police issues traffic advisory for R-Day, restricts traffic on these roads
- French border curbs halve air passenger numbers in a week - minister
- Kolkata is one of India’s safest cities for women, says NCRB report
- UK lockdown may extend beyond June 21 owing to Delta variant of Covid-19
- Singapore to get an all-new eco city
- COVID-19 update: Italy's famous ski slopes to stay shut till March 2021