Indian becomes the top source market for tourist arrivals in the Maldives
India has emerged as the top source marketplace for the Maldives with visitors from the country surpassing visitors from other countries. Maldives’ Minister of tourism, Dr. Abdulla Mausoom explained how to post lockdown, Indian tourist arrival within the island country was above Russia, which was earlier the key market.
Indian tourists account for over 23 percent of tourist arrivals in the Maldives with 44,039 Indian visitors as of February this year as compared to 40,698 visitors from Russia. Mausoom, on a visit to India, told that the Maldives expects bigger tourist numbers from India for the approaching year and plans to pitch the island nation as a lucrative investment destination. The tourism minister expects 1.5 million tourist arrivals within the year ahead and hopes for 10 million bed nights at hotels and accommodations across the islands.
Thanking PM Modi for the support extended to the country from providing the vaccine to establishing a tourism bubble allowing visits between the 2 countries, Mausoom said Maldives' economy received a big boost due to Indian tourists and government support.
From opening 28 new islands to be developed for tourism, increasing the number of flights, enhancing the airport’s capacity to cater to more rush, and alluring people to take a position within the country, the minister said the country would woo the Indian market aggressively.
Going forward, Maldives also plans to do away with the RT PCR test for visitors who have a double dose vaccination certificate, come up with an extended tourist visa, promote land tourism that encourages people to shop for a house, and set the Maldives because of the base. As of now, confirmed booking with the tourism establishment registered with the ministry of tourism and a Covid negative report is a must.
Among the packages on offer for the year ahead, the minister expects ' 'vaccination breaks' to be an enormous draw with tourists across the planet. “We decided to introduce a package named 3Vs – visit, vaccination, and vacation. Like last year, this may allow people to spend longer time in the Maldives while also getting the vaccine shots,” he explained.
The Maldives has had one among the foremost interesting last year. a rustic that has virtually no domestic economy and depends on tourism was delivered to a standstill thanks to lockdowns around the world to stop the spread of Covid19. From watching building on tourism numbers of 2019 to an entire washout, it had been a difficult time for the island nation.
Maldives decided to reopen itself for tourism by following all the prescribed WHO norms. And from no arrivals to being one among the foremost visited nations within the world, 2020 saw an entire turnaround.
- Fans, get ready for an immersive Harry Potter exhibit world tour in 2022
- This American college is offering $75 to its students for 'Not' traveling during spring break
- Thailand bans in-flight food, drink, all reading materials on domestic flights
- The news is already there
- Uttarakhand Weather Update: उत्तराखंड में अगले तीन दिन बारिश और ओलावृष्टि को लेकर यलो अलर्ट
- Jammu-Delhi Rajdhani Express canceled for three days
- दुनियाभर में अबतक 40 लाख लोगों ने गंवाई जान, 166 दिन में 20 लाख मौतें
- Jammu and Kashmir to host winter games and other cultural activities to lure tourists
- Passengers coming from Delhi will have random corona check
- After military coup Myanmar suspends all flights and shuts down airports