India Scheduled international flights to remain suspended till December 31
The Indian Government has now extended the suspension of scheduled flights till December 31, 2020. This move comes in the wake of rising Coronavirus cases.
However, scheduled flights under the Vande Bharat Mission and bubble arrangements with several countries just like the UK, us, France, and Germany will continue. Also, those eligible as per the govt norms are going to be allowed to fly to and from India on them.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) issued a circular regarding this, stating “This restriction shall not apply to all or any international cargo and flights specifically approved by the DGCA.” However, international scheduled flights could also be allowed on selected routes by the competent authority on a case-to-case basis, it added.
Earlier this month, scheduled international flights were suspended till November 30. As of now, India has entered into bubble arrangements with quite 20 countries, whilst regular scheduled international flights remain banned thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The ban on scheduled international flights was imposed on March 23 this year thanks to the Coronavirus outbreak, as travel restrictions were imposed across the planet. All this while, India has been operating special Vande Bharat Mission flights to many countries.
- London Zoo to reopen for holiday season regardless of London’s ‘COVID-19 tier’
- A volcano erupted in Iceland after remaining inactive for 900 years
- Hilly falls on Rishikesh-Badrinath road in Uttarakhand, traffic stalled
- कोविड-19: थम रही दूसरी लहर की रफ्तार, आज से अनलॉक हो रहे कुछ राज्य
- Good news for those traveling from Doon to Delhi, CNG buses will run on this route
- 100-million-year-old Meteorite Crater Discovered in Australia Is one among the most important in the World
- After the rain in Doiwala, there was a lot of damage due to the river drains, power supply was affected
- China to impose virus testing on Lunar New Year travelers as cases rise
- विदेश यात्रा करने वालों को 28 दिन पर लगेगा कोविड का टीका