India's new Covid-19 cases cross 400k
India’s record-breaking second wave of Covid-19 infections pushed daily cases within the country soaring past the 400,000 marks on Thursday because the massive surge within the outbreak continued to overwhelm hospitals and doctors throughout the country.
India registered 408,331 new infections on Friday, setting yet one more record for the world’s largest single-day total, to require its total tally of infections past 19 million. In nine out of the last 10 days, India has set new world records for daily cases and subsequently broken them.
The country had earned the grim distinction of being the world’s largest Covid hot spot nine days ago on April 21 – the day new cases crossed 300,000 for the primary time. In the past week, India has reported more than 2.5 million new cases of Covid-19 – accounting for quite 43% of all cases reported worldwide.
A total of three,523 people lost their lives to the disease on Friday taking the entire number of deaths within the country to 211,855, consistent with HT’s dashboard, because the relentless expansion of the outbreak continued to spark shortages of hospital beds and other crucial supplies like oxygen and medicines. htc",
- 2,000 air passengers allowed to travel in Israel a day amid Corona virus
- Delhi airport to start COVID-19 testing for international departures soon
- Indian Railways, IRCTC: 26 मिनट विलंब से पहुंची हावड़ा-अहमदाबाद एक्सप्रेस, जाने कौन-कौन सी ट्रेन है लेट
- Hampi to get world’s largest statue of Lord Hanuman
- Holy city starts preparations for the Haridwar Kumbh Mela 2021
- Control room of intelligent transport system to be built on ISBT-43, Chandigarh
- The much-awaited Super Mario Park just opened in Japan
- कोरोना रिपोर्ट होगी निगेटिव तभी मिलेगा इन पांच राज्यों के लोगों को दिल्ली में प्रवेश
- Manipur plans to develop a war tourism site at the Koirengei airfield
- This Scottish Island is under auction for the first time after 500 years