Himachal Pradesh to receive fresh snow, night curfew lowers hotel occupancy in Manali
Himachal’s higher mountains and areas witnessed a fresh spell of snow on Friday morning. according to the reports, Keylong and Gondhla in Lahaul received 15 cm and 17 cm of snow, respectively.
Reportedly, parts of the middle and lower mountains, as well as Tissa, were the wettest, with 24 mm of rainfall. Rainfall received at Kothi was 17 mm, Manali 8 mm, Bharmaur 16 mm, Saloni 11 mm, Dalhousie and Chhatrari 7 mm each, Nagrota Surian 4 mm, Dharamsala 6 mm, Gaggal and Kasol 3 mm each.
Reportedly, the local MeT department has forecast rain and snowfall in several areas within the middle and high reaches as well as rain and a thunderstorm within the lower reaches for the subsequent two days.
Meanwhile, Keylong shivered in the dark at minus 2.5 degrees Centigrade, and Una remained the warmest for its daytime temperatures at 27.5 degrees celsius. the utmost temperatures lowered by 1 degree Centigrade to 2 degrees Centigrade.
Himachal Pradesh to receive fresh snow, night curfew lowers occupancy rate in Manali
On the other hand, hotels in Manali have been grappling with a drop by tourist occupancy by 50 percent, due to the implementation of night curfew. Several bookings for the upcoming Christmas and New Year have been canceled thanks to the night curfew. However, snow activities at Solang Nullah still are one of the simplest things to try to do for the tourists.
Anup Ram Thakur, President, Manali Hoteliers Association, told the press that tourists were unsure about traveling to Manali thanks to the night curfew and lack of clarity, and thus, many have canceled their travel plans.
Thakur also mentioned that the local police recently fined tourists visiting a hotel in Manali, as that they had reached during the curfew hours.
- Flights between India and the UK to resume from January 8
- FAA Proposes Waiving Minimum Flight Requirements for Airlines
- Snowfall expected soon, temperature to take a dip in Jammu & Kashmir
- Every week India-Maldives get three flights
- The famous Surajkund Mela canceled for the first time in three decades
- Weather update: Drass records -18.6°C, J&K, Ladakh under the spell of cold
- Norwegian unveils new sustainability strategy
- International Airports Are Increasing Flights From US to Cancun
- Kashmir receives fresh snowfall, mercury dips across Haryana and Punjab
- Move to this city in Mississippi as a remote worker